Paoletti Quickest In Drama-Filled Qualifying Session
*Alffian Bin Kadri and Lebos Chaguri crash out – both drivers unhurt
Tuesday, 11 March, DOHA (Qatar): Team Italy’s Stefano Paoletti posted the fastest time of 49.72s in a drama-filled qualifying session on Doha Bay, with Team Malaysia’s Alffian Bin Kadri barrel-rolling 20 minutes into the session bringing out the yellow flag, Team Lebanon’s Lebos Chaguri going over immediately after the restart at the same corner.
Team Belarus went second and third quickest with Andrey Ovchinnikov edging his teammate Roman Vandyshev by a tenth of a second.
(Full report follows after the UIM Nations Cup Match race – scheduled to start at 15.00hrs)
1. 8 Stefano Paoletti/Team Italy – 49.72s
2. 10 Andrey Ovchinnikov/Team Belarus – 50.03s
3. 9 Roman Vandyshev/Team Belarus – 50.15s
4. 12 Mohammad Bin Kadri/Team Malaysia – 50.42s
5. 6 Khalid Al Kuwari/Team Qatar – 50.53s
6. 11 Alffian Bin Kadri/Team Malaysia – 50.70